PCSpeedDoctor

PCSpeedDoctor
PCSpeedDoctor protects your pc from viruses that will eat up your data. Click here to check it out.

Tuesday 22 February 2011

Mechanical Keyboards


Hi guys, this post is going to consider mechanical keyboards and their advantages over modular ones. I currently own a SteelSeries 7G mechanical "gaming" keyboard that I purchased not too long ago. Now I know what you're probably asking: "Why is he reviewing a keyboard?" Well, the answer is very simple: I love it! If you haven't already experienced a mechanical keyboard, then I would suggest you look into one. I know that they might be expensive for a lot of people (entry levels start at about $100), but I find them really, really productive. My typing accuracy and typing speed have truly increased significantly. If, however, you cannot afford one, I would recommend NOT buying any expensive modular keyboard (expensive being >$20). This is because after using a mechanical I could never go back to a modular keyboard. I have owned high-end modular keyboards and my experience with them is merely a shortfall. If you are looking for a keyboard, I would recommend buying those cheap $5.00 dell keyboards (try to find it used in good condition), and those would very much satisfy your needs.

To put things into perspective, I've owned a crappy $5.00 HP keyboard and an undisclosed $110.00 "gaming grade" keyboard (I do not want to mention the name because I do not want to make the company look bad). I would, until this day, choose the HP keyboard because I could not justify the extra $105.00 spent on the other. The backlighting, LCD screen, windows key on/off switch, and hyper-response time features could not persuade me otherwise at the end of the day.

To conclude, yes I am a gamer :). But I've been trying to quit gradually and see myself having minimalized my time spent gaming to <5% of my life in the near future. If gaming has brought me anything, it would be a knowledge of the apparel in the technology district.

No comments:

Post a Comment